Check out our full installation video:
SEE IT IN ACTION:
Here is the turbo kit on the bike using the optional carbon exhaust can to reduce noise:
STOCK TO TURBO COMPARISON:
ABOUT THE KIT:
A complete turbo kit for the Yamaha MT-09 (FZ-09). Dyno proven to run 192hp at 7psi and as much as 207hp with extra boost.
This kit was designed for Yamaha Sponsored Dave McKenna's drift bike after he asked for a turbo that would push out more than 200hp for his MT-09 (FZ-09) to make drifting easy. We developed this kit for his bike and can now offer it to you should you feel like turning your MT-09 (FZ-09) into a complete weapon! With the Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T / fly-by-wire) you get a big smooth roll on power response in STD mode, then in A mode you get a ball tearing animal and the less sharp B mode will let you get to grips with your new Hayabusa eater.
BASE KIT INCLUDES:
- Modified Garrett 320hp Ball bearing turbo with 7psi wastegate actuator
- High quality Turbine & compressor gaskets
- Billet machined Air filter cover with K&N filter
- Billet & fabricated Compressor outlet spigot
- Stainless steel link pipe with stainless steel weld on exhaust spigot, stainless clamp
- Stainless steel Screamer exhaust outlet
- Hel braided oil feed line with restrictor & fittings
- VDO oil scavenge pump, Quality anodised aluminium fittings, rubber oil return hoses & stainless clamps
- Fabricated aluminium Charge pipe , powdercoated black with High quality Silicone hoses
& stainless steel hose clamps
Billet machined 2 piece plenum with O-ring seal & ECU mount, silicone hoses , & stainless steel clamps
25mm Blow off Valve
Custom designed & billet CNC machined Fuel delivery system incorporating a quality high flow fuel pump, cleanable billet fuel filter rising rate regulator & fuel level sender mount, fuel pressure gauge & quality fittings which accepts factory fuel line fittings & factory wiring plug. Fit’s the stock fuel tank with no modification
Power commander Map included
Full detailed fitting instructions
- Includes WORLDWIDE SHIPPING for D.I.Y. customers
The base kit starts at $6599 including worldwide shipping.
- Pre-mapped DYNOJET POWER COMMANDER 5 fuel injection module (full details here: CLICK HERE) - optional for kit use and made available here if you do not already own one.
- ECU RE-FLASH (If you do not use a Power Commander we can flash your ECU but you will need to supply the ECU to us if we are not fitting the kit for you)
- Heavy Duty Clutch Springs
- Carbon Fibre Exhaust can (to reduce noise)
- Black anodising on air filter housing & plenum
- ** NEW FOR 2017** We now offer a side mount intercooler option, lowers inlet temps 40 degC @ 8.5psi boost.
SUPPLY AND FIT IN-HOUSE:
- Extreme Creations can offer to supply & fit the base kit WITH POWER COMMANDER 5 for $7999 at their Brookvale Workshop in Sydney - includes professional fitting and full tuning. Ride-in, ride-out, ....a lot faster.
Some more details and stats on the dyno figures:
- Makes maximum 110 ft/lbs of torque between 6900 rpm & 7400rpm
- 192hp on 7psi (approx 60hp increase over stock)
- Modified Garrett GT2560 turbo
- All dyno tested using BP ultimate pump 98 octane fuel
- Tuned with our FMU & a power commander then flashed the map to the stock computer with Flash tune
- Total kit weighs approximately 15 KG (see next line)
- 8.5Kg worth of factory parts are removed to fit this kit meaning only 6.5kg of weight is added with the entire kit.
- Can be fitted comfortably in 1 day using basic hand tools by someone with good mechanical knowledge (1 small weld required to join a spigot to the factory headers for the link pipe to connect to)
- Engine Reliability & longevity depends on how you mantain your bike, with our turbo kit fitted there's no reason your bike shouldn't last as long as a stock bike keeping in mind the increase in power & torque also the added load on the engines lubrication system means oil changes need to be kept more regular, about every 2500 klms (1600miles) & the quality of fuel used should also be a major consideration (use only high octane non ethanol fuel), then you & your bike will have a long & happy life together.
- SHIPPING AND TURN AROUND:
- 2-3 week lead time to produce
- SHIPPING OF KITS IS INCLUDED to AUSTRALIA, USA/Canada, Europe, UK, Asia, & South America. If you are outside these countries we wil need to give you a shipping quote. Please contact us for a shipping quote if you are outside these countries.
- In-House fitting and tuning will need customer to deliver motorcycle to our workshop at 16/104 Old Pittwater Rd, Brookvale NSW 2100, Australia. If you need us to arrange bike freight, please let us know.
DISCLAIMER: If you have made it this far in the specs and blurb you are pretty keen on a turbo kit! You are also someone who likes something a bit more extreme than the average bloke. Please keep in mind that turbos aren't for the faint hearted; this kit will give you MASSIVE power increases! If you are an experienced rider you will adapt to it pretty quickly, but if you are inexperienced, think very hard about adding a turbo to your motorcycle.
Getting this much power gain from your motorcycle will obviously void any Yamaha warranties as it was never designed to have this much power. We are confident that the kit will not harm your motorcycle if we fit & set up the kit for you, if you are inexperienced with turbo motorcycles and fitting the kit yourself there are risks of engine damage due to incorrect fitment. We accept no reponsibility for damage caused to your motorcycle if we did not fit the kit for you.
We highly recommend a suspension upgrade from the stock suspension system. Yamaha added cheaper suspension components to reduce the overall cost of the motorcycle and they were never designed for turbo powered bikes!
Please don't let us scare you with any of the above information as we have built MANY turbo motorcycles and have full faith in our kits. We just need to mention this for obvious reasons. If you have any questions or doubts at all, please conatct us as we are more than happy to reassure you or give advice!
If you have any further questions or need more details, please contact us today.